6 Motivational quotes for Entrepreneurs
Starting and running your own business is both exhilarating and demanding. You will have days when you feel overwhelmed and frustrated. There are numerous obligations to manage. You want to give up. Being an entrepreneur requires you to embrace ambiguity and be comfortable with being pushed on a regular basis. Especially when it comes to startup fundraising. Choosing this career path is entirely irrational because the odds of success are bleak; nonetheless, most achieve due to their unyielding belief, laser focus on delivering, and persistence. Whether you've been dreaming about starting your own business for years or are just getting started, here are some inspirational quotations to aid you on your way to taking the plunge, becoming your own boss, and running your own business:
1. “There’s nothing wrong with staying small. You can do big things with a small team.”
-Jason Fried, Founder & CEO of Basecamp
2. Life is like the monkey bars: you have to let go to move forward. Once you make the decision to leap into entrepreneurship, be sure to loosen your grasp on old concepts so you can swing your way to new ones."
-Leah Busque (American entrepreneur)
3. "Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."
- Steve Jobs
4. “The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.”
-Lao Tzu, Chinese Philosopher and Writer
5. "If you push through that feeling of being scared, that feeling of taking a risk, really amazing things can happen."
-Marissa Mayer (American businesswoman)
6. "Every time you state what you want or believe, you’re the first to hear it. It’s a message to both you and others about what you think is possible. Don’t put a ceiling on yourself."
- Oprah Winfrey
Dreaming of starting your own business is one of those early, tiny steps. All of your daily preparation and work, no matter how insignificant it may appear, will provide the groundwork for your future. Put your best foot forward at all times, and one day you'll be thankful for the solid foundation you've laid, and perhaps even astounded by what you've created.